Marketers get pulled in many directions: writing blogs, exploring new social media sites, updating websites, optimizing for search engines, crafting awesome subject lines for emails...and much more. A lot of these activities take up valuable time. But there are also marketing opportunities you probably haven't thought of, and some of them are the easiest steps you can take to support your other marketing initiatives.
Don't Miss These Marketing Opportunities
- Writing better press releases. If you're already writing press releases regularly, making them better won't take much more time. Today's press release needs to be viable for a large audience (not just a segment of the press). A better term is "news release," which can have broader appeal. Follow these steps to make your press release even better:
- Include links. Quite often, contemporary news releases are reprinted online. These links will be valuable to your SEO efforts. Match the anchor text (the text that you apply the link to, like this. "like this" is the anchor text) with the title of the page you're linking to.
- Include multimedia. Images, audio, and video make your press release more appealing to journalists and shareable for online audiences.
- Introduce new products and services
- Offer special promotions
- Drive traffic to your website and social media profiles.
A well-written Message On Hold program will support your marketing strategies and keep callers happier when they're on hold.
- Your contact information: email, telephone number, and address
- Your website
- Social Media Accounts
- Your Blog
- A special offer or promotion, like a free white paper or a promocode for 10% of a purchase
By including this information in your email signature, you're ensuring that clients and prospects know how to get in touch with you, see your social media presence, and are included in your current marketing campaign.
The Audio Marketing Lesson
Don't be afraid to look to traditional technology, like phone systems, email signatures, or business cards as tools that can help you promote your other content. Use marketing strategies, like incorporating professional human voices or showing your unique brand and personality, to appeal to your target market. And don't forget to keep looking in unexpected places to really differentiate yourself from the competition.