We might still be dealing with winter snow, but now is the time to give your Message On Hold program a thorough spring cleaning. Since a seasonally-relevant on hold marketing program is the most appealing to callers, you should freshen up your messages throughout the year.
What can you do right now?
- Switch your music to a more light-hearted theme. (Click Here for Samples)
- Start promoting your springtime events
- Include upcoming hours of operation
On Hold Marketing For Your Industry
Industry-specific information is also prime content for on hold communication. Combine this with seasonality, and you might consider:
- Highlighting a month-long observance (Perfect for healthcare and non-profits)
- Encouraging reservations for holidays (hotels, restaurants, and other hospitality properties)
- Including tax-time financial tips (professional services, financial industry)
- Giving clients ideas for using their tax refund (retail, home improvement)
It's always a good idea to use your Message On Hold script to drive traffic to your website and social media accounts, answer frequently asked questions, or offer special promotions. For an especially stand-out MOH program, combine these standbys with seasonal content and industry-specific messages. You might even have callers asking, "Can you put me back on hold?"