When you decide to upgrade your voicemail message to a more professional option, you choose between writing and recording it yourself and having a professional do the hard work for you. On the surface, voicemail greetings seem simple, but they often go awry. Some people try to use a funny voicemail greeting while others get nervous and stutter or miss words. Using a professional makes life--and your outgoing message--a lot easier.
Recording your own voicemail
When you record your own voicemail, you have to ensure a high quality result. This means ensuring you have a script that's written for the ear, recording multiple takes, and speaking appropriately. You have to take the time to find a quiet space in which you can record and have little to no opportunity to edit what you've worked on. For any business professional trying to make a great impression, first time or any time, a great voicemail greeting is a requirement. But it also requires a lot of work and a lot of time that you might not have.
7 ways professional voicemail greetings help your image
- You place an order and voice over talent and audio engineers do the rest.
- Because it's recorded in a studio, you get better sound quality and clarity.
- Professional scriptwriters ensure your copy is clear, concise, and appropriately proofread.
- Using a high quality recording shows you pay close attention to detail.
- If you have an accent, a voice over talent ensures clear communication.
- Audio engineers can eliminate "umms" "uhhhs" and extraneous pauses.
- You can include additional information, like social media accounts, while keeping your message listenable.
A professionally recoded voicemail greeting is customized to your script and helps you clearly convey many important details. It's an incredible transformation for any business professional's office phone or business device.
Learn more about having the best voicemail greeting - click here to download our free guide: Top Tips for Professional Voicemail Greetings.