Most callers prefer hearing Message On Hold combined with background music. It's important to make sure you have an effective, professionally recorded on hold message with great content. It's also important to make sure you choose the correct Music On Hold for your clients. Here's how to do it in 5 steps:
- Read through your Message On Hold. What does your script say, and how does it say it? Is your writing lighthearted? Reassuring? Soothing? Exciting? Whatever music you choose should reflect your MOH content.
- Consider your audience. Maybe you and your callers are a lot alike, and you eat the same kind of food, talk the same way, and listen to the same radio stations. Or maybe you are very different, and you prefer Opera while they love the new Lady Gaga album. The key to choosing the right hold music is knowing your callers and understanding what they want to hear.
- Match your voice over. Listen to a demo of your voice talent, and match their style, age, and tone, so your music is consistent and seamlessly blends with your message.
- Check out what music is popular in your industry. In the old days, you might have to call your competition to find out what they are playing on hold, but today you can visit the Holdcom Music Themes By Industry listing for first hand information about what's popular within your industry. You can hear a preview of this music in the Music Library.
- Trust your production team. If you can't decide exactly what music is right for you, consult your production team. They are the people who know the music library the best, and even know about albums not listed on the website. At Holdcom, our production team writes our music reviews, which is a great starting point if you're not sure which albums are right for your business.
If you understand your content and callers, it will be easy for you to select the right Music On Hold. Creating great content combined with appropriate music will give your callers an outstanding experience on hold, allowing you to make the most of on hold marketing.